This new season is moving across our lives at a rapid pace! I have already seen & heard so many prophetic moves in these days of January. The excitement is growing and anticipation stirring in my spirit! I encourage you to continue to be watchful and alert as Holy Spirit moves in and across your life and this land.
Romans 8:5-6, 8 “For those who live according to flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit; for to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.”
I encourage you to take time to read the whole chapter of Romans 8. So good!
Ever since I became a Christian I have heard the saying “some people are so heavenly minded that they are no earthly good”. I am sure you have heard this saying at one time or another also. And early on, to me it sounded ok and at one time I am even sure I knew a few people who I thought this applied to!
There are other sayings I have heard for most of my life “sticks and stones may break your bones but words can never hurt you” or “take care.” I Peter 5:6-7 teaches us that we are to cast all our cares on God, not take them ourselves. How subtle the devil is, always trying to kill, steal and destroy us in our everyday lives. Remember that 95% of a lie may be truth; the remaining 5% is a deception, a lie meant to deceive you. The devil would have you to think that what you say isn’t important. But God would have you know, believe and receive that He is the only truth and life!! Words can and will hurt you so choose your words wisely!
Remember to take every thought captive, for our thoughts soon become our words and conversations. (2 Corinthians 10:5) Words are so very important and the words we speak are so very powerful and creative! The Lord taught me very early in my walk with Him how important words are and that my words should agree with His Word. Your words are your seeds planted for your harvest to come! I hear these sayings and so many more that are proclaimed over us or others and my spirit rejects them immediately! Decree and speak life into your situations and circumstances, speak life into your family and into all that you do.
Actually, as born again Christians, we have been made to be “so heavenly minded” that we are not ingrained into the ways of the world around us! Yes, we are to be productive in the things of the spirit, we are to be moving toward total abandonment unto our Father God. Then we will be productive in all areas of our lives!! When we allow our spirit to move us instead of our intellect then we are being “heavenly minded”. Purpose in your heart to live and move and have your being in Christ Jesus!
Being carnally minded is against all that God is and all that He teaches! Carnality is sin; depression, fear, poverty, un-forgiveness and hatred ~ you will perish in that state. Being spiritually minded you will please God and live in peace! I encourage you to choose life and peace!